It is now May, one month away from the halfway point of 2017. Time flies! I have dubbed 2017 the Year of Poetry.
- I set the goal of submitting to 50 publications this year. So far, I’ve submitted to 25!
- I celebrated #NaPoWriMo by attempting to write a poem a day. While some days I didn’t write, I finished the month off with 169 poems.
- I have been reading as many poetry chapbooks and ebooks as I can get my hands on.
- I signed up for a local writers’ retreat!
- Thanks to #NaPoWriMo, a verse novel is in the works.
- Other chapbooks are being planned and edited for future release.
Now I’m setting a new goal: self-publishing on Amazon by the end of the year.
I’ll give you a hint: mermaids.
Anyway, enough about me. What are your writing goals for this year?