Day #4: What’s the last book you flung across the room?
I don’t do this to books often, but there is one book I read in 2013 (and reviewed in 2015) that comes to mind immediately:
Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié
Picture from Goodreads.
I’ll just make a list in bullet points:
- Two authors – writing styles don’t match
- Paragraphs switch character perspectives without warning
- Unnecessary flashbacks
- Grammar errors
- Rules of the book were never established
- Things happen suddenly with no explanation
- Ethnic slur used not in dialogue, but in character description
- !Jamestown Puritan! (Virginia 1603 or Massachusetts 1630 – pick one!) (THIS is the part that made me physically throw the book, as I’m from Massachusetts!)
- Animal abuse described for dark magic as used by the main character