The first week of NaNoWriMo has come and gone. They say the second week is the hardest, and I’m definitely feeling the weight of the challenge. I’ve been balancing grad school on top of NaNo, and it certainly hasn’t been easy. I have five weeks left of my class, which means it will last one week longer than NaNoWriMo.
Getting through week 1 is about excitement. The excitement of the challenge and my novel got me through the week. I am also an ML, which has motivated me to keep going when I just want to hang up my pen and write this novel some other time.
Week One has passed, and here is what I did to get me through the week:
- Attended the Kick-Off Write-In
- Followed the #NaNoWriMo hashtag on Twitter
- Used Twitter to log my progress
- Wrote when I could
- Wrote in snippets
- Skipped some scenes to write others
- Played MMOs – Runescape & Armed Heroes – to immerse myself in writing about an MMO
- Scheduled and attended first-Write-In
Follow this link to see how I got through Week One of NaNoWriMo last year!
My NaNoWriMo Strategy: Week 1
For those of you out there who have taken on this challenge, I salute you! We can get through this.